   RE: [xml-dev] Challenge

Hello Jeff,

Thanks Jeff. So yes, as I just learned, technically speaking, an XML+XSLT
solution is possible since we can create the Xpath expression. However, the
XForms route seems to be easier, so I'll experiment at first with this one,
then probably will try an XML source+XSLT only solution.

So my current experiment to edit and validate strictly on the client side an
XML document is:
a) create an XForms document that refers to the original document. An
advantage here, I do not have to modify the original XML document and
potentially, the XML document could be produced by a data source such as a
modern relational DB (supporting SQL/XML or XQuery or a transient XML based
format).
b) include an XSLT processing instruction in the XForms document and write a
stylesheet that will produce the prototype based program (i.e. using a
prototype based programming language: ECMAScript).
c) write a small PHP program on the server to answer to a PUT method and
store the document on the server.

Only the PHP supporting the PUT will run on the server side. All other
processing should occur on the client side. If this is the case, we are
beginning to get an application and a less dummy browser.

OK Back to work now, the experiment is progressing....

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
http://didier-martin.com