   RE: [xml-dev] Inside Redhell: Microsoft XAML Blogger Round-Up

bob@wyman.us (Bob Wyman) writes:
>Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>> The advent of the World Wide Web posed several challenges
>> for designers. ... However, when pages were viewed using
>> the World Wide Web, it was impossible to predict the size
>> of the window in which the document would be viewed
>   I get awful tired of people suggesting that the Web was the
>first time problem "X" appeared or that the "web solution" is somehow
>different from stuff we did years earlier.

Just to clarify, the Longhorn documentation folks at MSFT wrote that...
I didn't.

All I was doing was pointing out a case in which MSFT seemed to make it
very clear that they are in fact competing with HTML and CSS.

For a followup, here's part of the para that followed the original
quote:
The adaptive-flow-format calculations are optimized for best readability
and faithful design rendering, in that order. As a result, the design
specifications given to the AdaptiveMetricsContext are more flexible
than the specifications that many designers are used to providing in
HTML or CSS.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!