   RE: [xml-dev] Inside Redhell: Microsoft XAML Blogger Round-Up

Karl Waclawek wrote:

> > Bob said:
> > Actually, I'm kind of glad you explained it, too. (I frequently get
> > email that Outlook Express can't/won't quote and it is a pain.) For
> > months I've been assuming you just like to talk about
> yourself in the
> > third person. ;-}
> >
> > Didier replies:
> > Exactly and this happened even with this present message, Outlook
> > didn't added the ">".
> >
> > Be reassured I do not have multiple personalities :-)
>
> The way I solve this with Outlook Express is:
> - drag message on desktop
> - open in Wordpad and change
> - save and double-click, then hit Reply - voila
>
> There may be a few spurious strange characters, but
> overall it works for me.

I use MS Outlook (non-Express).  When I try to reply to an HTML message, a
solid blue line appears on the left side of the text - no ">"s are added.
Worse yet, the solid blue line does not go when I try to add responses
in-line.  Outlook seems to give no choice but to add one's text on the top.

This is what I do to overcome the problem:

1) Edit/Edit message
2) Format/Plain text

Alessandro