   Re: [xml-dev] Expat Query

Hello Karl ,
Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please give me some hints on what are the features missing in expat, since I am new to this xml world.
thanks in advance
with best regards
shashi

Karl Waclawek <karl@waclawek.net> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am using expat for XML parsing. I would like to know if expat is SAX2.0 compliant or not , if
not what are the SAX APIs which are missing from expat.
> thanks in advance
> shashi

From the point of view of exact interface and function signatures,
Expat is not SAX2 compliant at all. Having said that, Expat has
all the functionality needed to write a SAX2 compliant wrapper
for it. This includes all SAX2 extensions.

I have written a SAX2 wrapper for Expat in Delphi, and as part of
that I have added the missing features (not many) to Expat.
The last few Expat versions all have this functionality.

Karl

Do you Yahoo!?