   RE: [xml-dev] RE: Why can't we all work together? XML UI Languages Aboun

Hi Bob,

> 	Given the "law giver" role of fat clients, the "thin client"
> proponents basically give up control of the desktop to the fat client
> builders (Microsoft, etc.) when they argue for thin clients. By
> arguing against fat clients, you take yourself out of the collection
> of people who might build or influence a law-giver. By doing so, you
> empower those who build fat clients.

This is why we should - form the technical stand point - talk about the
"page" paradigm versus the "desktop application" paradigm. Actually, most of
the proponents offer "page" based paradigm tools and this is translated into
very poor user experience. Now the pendulum is going the other way and we
finally have tools that offer rich user experience. Therefore, to do so, we
need good and rich framework to execute the code either specified with
declarative coding (XML) or imperative coding (usual procedural code).

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
http://didier-martin.com