   Re: [xml-dev] Word 2003 schemas available

Hi Murali,
I wrote my diploma thesis in DocBook, using Open Source Editor JEdit. I
used the editor to write my Java code too. And my documentation of
course. In 6 month it did not crash once and I did not have to recover a
single backup of my thesis. Put it into CVS, nevertheless, just to be
sure. You can be sure that I knew a lot of shortcuts for this editor at
the end, making me really productive in it (still trying to reach that
level in Eclipse and failing miserably).

Afterwards I wrote a book about Struts. The publisher forced me to use
Word. I had a lot of problems with it. Formats disappeared, or were
transformed. Word crashed. I had to split the book into several files
and had to fight with the references between these documents. etc, etc, etc.
I keep promising myself that if I ever become a famous author I will
force my publisher to allow me to write in XML . . .

Stephan