   RE: [xml-dev] Microsoft FUD on binary XML...

Are you arguing that the world before XML was "just fine"?  That is
certainly what you seem to be arguing, by arguing that XML-text has no
special interop characteristics that distinguish it beyond others.  If
you feel that way, and if you feel that ASN.1 is "just fine" for
loosely-coupled interop, then what are you doing wasting your time on
XML-DEV?  Trolling, perhaps?

You cannot deny that XML has succeeded in large part because it is text
and because it is perceived as "the obvious choice" to many people.  The
world was a lot different before XML came around, when people had to
choose between a dizzying array of binary and text syntaxes (including
ASN.1).  Anyone who tries to complicate and fragment this serendipitous
development is, IMO, insane.