   RE: [xml-dev] Faster processing without schemas? (was Re: [xml-dev] Micr

Alessandro Triglia wrote:
> This is precisely the subject of one of the sections of
> the forthcoming X.695 standard on "Fast Web Services"
> (the "ASN.1 shema for the XML Infoset").
	So, the ability to do "no schema necessary" processing with
ASN.1 defined encodings is not a theoretical possibility, but
something which is already the subject of international
standardization and supported by at least one large vendor: SUN. This
simply strengthens my suggestion in earlier mail that it is not
necessary to consider alternatives to ASN.1 in order to get "loosely
coupled" "no schema necessary" interop with compact binary encodings.
The X.695 effort will result in precisely the ASN.1 schema needed to
enable this.
	Given that ASN.1 can address the "no schema necessary"
requirements, the compression requirements, the speed of parsing
requirements, and the SAX2 support requirements, what other reason
could there be for not accepting it?

		bob wyman

http://www.w3.org/2003/08/binary-interchange-workshop/32-OSS-Nokalva-P
osition-Paper-updated.pdf