   RE: [xml-dev] Blog Pruning

The more I think about it, the more I think I would
turn the comments feature off in a personal blog, and
wouldn't use a blog for an interactive conversation.
I would answer comments inline if I so chose and
ignore them otherwise.  Why?  In a personal blog,
I'd take it personally.  In a professional blog,
I'd consider it the wrong medium for interactive
conversations because I control the topics and
stopping topic drift would distract from MY blog.
IOW, it becomes the ultimate moderated maillist
and life is too short to blog and blot fairly.
It is an inherently unequal means of expression.

Here's a troll.  What aspects of RSS (pick a version)
do you think contribute to the success of blogging?  Why?

1.  Easier than HTML to write.
2.  No programming required/possible (in other words,
    it doesn't pretend to be an interactive app language).
3.  Aggregation.
4.  Single source of topic control (the blogger).

len