   RE: [xml-dev] Is there a use for standardized binary XML (was RE: Micros

  • To: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <clbullar@ingr.com>,"Jim Ancona" <jim@anconafamily.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Is there a use for standardized binary XML (was RE: Microsoft FUD on binary XML...)
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:56:29 -0800
  • Cc: "Michael Rys" <mrys@microsoft.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

I've mentioned this offlist before and I'll mention on XML-DEV now. If you have issues with XAML, various people on the Avalon team have made themselves available for public comment via their weblogs. Neither myself nor Michael Rys work in close concert with the Avalon team so speculating on the future directions of the various formats they use isn't a fruitful excercise. if you have questions about XAML tag Rob Relyea on his blog or Filipe Fortes or Chris Anderson or send them an email.

Based on the amount of hubub around XAML simply because it's syntax is XML based I'm beginning to think it was a bad idea for them not to have chosen a different syntax. The irony is that it originally wasn't an XML-based syntax and it was feedback from the various XML teams at Microsoft that made them reconsider their position only for every person with a vested interest in XML-based markup languages for user interface  description to use XAML-bashing to further their agenda.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the Earth, minus 40% inheritance tax.