   Re: [xml-dev] RE: RNG more popular with doc heads and XSD with

If I get a document with a schema in some language, I just use the
document. If someone hands me a schema, I tend to use it in whatever
language it was written in. If I write a schema, I think about what tools I
will be using, and use a schema language that is supported by those tools.

I tend to use XML without any schema, with DTDs, or with W3C XML Schema,
mainly because that's what many of the tools I use support. Recently, I
started using nXML, which requires RELAX-NG, so I have started converting
the schemas I use to RELAX-NG.

The reasons I have for choosing a given schema language rarely have to do
with the technical advantages and disadvantages of the schema languages.
Except for one thing: when I write examples, I prefer not to use W3C XML
Schema because I find it difficult to read.

Jonathan