   ANN: XQEngine 0.61

  • To: "XML DEV" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: ANN: XQEngine 0.61
  • From: "Howard Katz" <howardk@fatdog.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:11:35 -0800

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 0.61 of XQEngine, my
open-source, Java-based query engine for collections of XML documents. This
is a major new release with much enhanced XQuery support. The project has
been moved to SourceForge:

      http://xqengine.sourceforge.net/

The engine, with a new internal architecture, now (re)implements sufficient
XQuery functionality to make imho useful in practise. Recent improvements
include support for:

a) FLWOR expressions, including 'order by'
b) general comparisons on string and ints
c) element and attribute constructors
d) position() and last() in predicates
e) node-precedes (<<) and node-follows (>>)
f) a new contains-word() function for full-text search
g) a number of new JUnit tests for program correctness (250+)
h) new JavaDocs documentation
i) etc, etc.

I'm currently working on disk-based support for very large collections, to
be out shortly. If you're going to be in Philadelphia next week for XML
2003, come by the Incubator Area on the exhibit floor and say hello.

Howard Katz