   Re: [xml-dev] Expert's advice needed about XML Schema and definingsome k

  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Expert's advice needed about XML Schema and definingsome kind of relation
  • From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:44:05 -0500
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

A. Belkin wrote:

> I am new to the Forum and I am new in xml field. Please, I need your help.
> I need to copy copying the namespace attributes in the  XML file referencing
> schema.
> Here is part of my input file:
> The root element in the input xml file has namespace attributes
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";  and
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ABC/xmlschemas/ABC.xsd";. I do not have
> a problem to copy an attribute xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation to the output
> xml file, but I can not copy xmlns:xsi. How it should be done in the
> stylesheet? Please, help!

Questions about xslt issues are best asked on the Mulberry xslt
discussion list at

The reason you cannot "copy" the namespace declaration is that
technically it is not an attribute in the xpath model, so an attempt to
"copy" a namespace declaration as an attribute cannot succeed.  However,
you need only to declare the namespace in the xslt stylesheet - you can
put the declaration into the xsl:stylesheet element.   So just add

to the namespace declarations in the stylesheet element and all should
be well.

Cheers,

Tom P