   RE: [xml-dev] looking for xquery-related tutorial or book

At 11:57 12.12.2003, Michael Kay wrote:
>Jonathan's article is from "XQuery from the Experts" (Addison Wesley)
>which is one of the few books out there, but it's designed primarily to
>explain the thinking of the language design, not as a tutorial.

True - but the Guided Tour is definitely designed to teach the language -
at 80 pages, it is probably too detailed to be considered a tutorial. It
can be found here:

http://www.datadirect.com/news/whatsnew/xquerybook.asp

But of course, Qiang Song already has this. I don't know anything better to
give him at this time.

Jonathan