   RE: [xml-dev] The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint

joshuaa@microsoft.com (Joshua Allen) writes:
>In any case, I do not deny that language as a tool can impact thought
>proficiency, but as I said I believe that this case has been *vastly*
>overstated.  It is by no means the high-order bit.

I'm happy to report that in my meager experience, context shapes
cognition.  Language is one part of it, but there's plenty more.  Tools
(the start of this thread), culture, experience, etc.

No need to favor any of them, no need to privilege abstract logic beyond
stupid brain tricks.  Come one, come all.

And hmmm... maybe XML's heavy use of context is reasonable, at that.