   Re: [xml-dev] The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint

Joshua Allen scripsit:

> Yes, that's exactly what I said -- Lera proved that questions addressed
> in the listener's representational system are more quickly understood.

No, indeed.  She showed that after seeing and responding to a question
about *space* that happens to match your native language's default
representation of time, that you can then answer questions purely about
time more quickly.  Of course, there are people with unusual worldviews
such as yourself who constitute outliers: the conclusion is statistical,
not absolute.

> You chose to ignore my point that the differences between the two groups
> would have been even more pronounced if you had divided two groups based
> on vertical vs. horizontal representation systems rather than childhood
> language.

Oh, it would, would it?  You have run the experiments, then, or someone
else has?  A citation would be helpful.

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       jcowan@reutershealth.com