   Re: [xml-dev] SOAP and REST at Amazon

jonathan.robie@datadirect.com (Jonathan Robie) writes:
>Why do you think Amazon's users prefer REST?

It gets them data they can feed into web pages with trivial effort.  It
probably doesn't hurt on that score that Amazon provides an XSLT
transformation service as well.

>Suppose every web
>service were available using either REST or SOAP - when would you
>choose to go with SOAP?

_Given the choice_, I can't imagine why I would ever use SOAP.

(Despite having written a book on XML-RPC, I can't justify using that at
this point either.)