   Re: [xml-dev] DTD and Schema Teasers

Bullard, Claude L (Len) scripsit:

> 1.  Why did XML keep the requirement for deterministic models?

Because it was deeply hardwired into many SGML parsers, and it was feared
that if XML couldn't be parsed by such parsers, the tool bootstrap problem
would stifle it a-borning.

> 2.  What are good reasons for having multiple schemas for the same
>     instance?

I don't know if you mean equivalent schemas in multiple schema languages
(in which case, the availability of tools for particular schema languages),
or non-equivalent schemas (in which case, the desire not to over-validate
by ensuring that each stage in a pipeline or fan-out validates only what
it actually requires).

--
Principles.  You can't say A is         John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
made of B or vice versa.  All mass      http://www.reutershealth.com