   RE: [xml-dev] The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint

 > [...] the thesis that language shapes cognition is highly overrated.

"highly overrated" is, of course, subjective. I have certainly met and read
some linguistic determinists that have gone off the deep end but I would
certainly be in the camp that believes that language is a contributing
factor to cognition.

XML (as in so many other things (which is why it is a fascinating field (in
my opinion))), throws up some interesting examples:

Can the language you speak influence the way you model data in an XML
schema? I think the answer is yes and wrote an article on the subject for
ITWorld, illustrating how an Irish speaker would model a Bishop (of all
things).

	How to model a Bishop : http://www.itworld.com/nl/xml_prac/08082002/

regards,
Sean