   Re: [xml-dev] DTD and Schema Teasers

Rick Jelliffe scripsit:

> * Often a schema may be company- or industry-wide, and be little
> more than a vocabulary with a fairly open or variable content
> model. Particular uses of that vocabulary may have their own restricted
> schemas.

Quite so.  There is a DTD for Reuters Health's home-grown XML, but all
it is is XHTML (for which there is a DTD and an RNG schema) with RDF
inside the "head" element (for which there is a general RNG schema).
But the XHTML is a tiny subset thereof, and the RDF is laid out in a
very specific way, both of which our DTD reflects.

--
Said Agatha Christie / To E. Philips Oppenheim  John Cowan
"Who is this Hemingway? / Who is this Proust?   jcowan@reutershealth.com