From: Karam Chand
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Sent: 18/12/2003 08:24 p.m.
Subject: [xml-dev] Encoding in XML

I was working with an XML file that contains some
German characters. If I just create a default XML file
it is giving error in IE. If I setup encoding=UTF-8,
it is working fine

I did a google and came to know that different
encoding exists like UTF-8, UTF-16 etc. Can somebody
point out all the encodings that are valid and how
they work?

What encoding is universal and can show any
characters?

Thanks in advance.

Karam