   Re: [xml-dev] Merge xml documents with SAX

  • To: Dongling Ding <dling61@yahoo.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Merge xml documents with SAX
  • From: Robin LaFontaine <robin@deltaxml.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:57:50 +0000

Dongling,

You can take a look at DeltaXML merge also[1] - it is run as an XSLT
stylesheet on a delta file which includes both the original files. It
identifies conflicts, e.g. attributes with different values. It works
well on larger files.

Just by looking at the delta file you will see that the work is
almost done, and you can customize it by changing the stylesheet.
It's not free though, but there is a web version you can use for
smaller files [2] (where it says 'Show only the changes', do NOT
select this!).

Robin La Fontaine
[1] http://www.deltaxml.com/use-cases/merge-xml.html
[2] http://www.deltaxml.net/DeltaNet/request