   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Regular Associations

My quick reaction is it looks like you're proposing to validate the
entire file to determine what schema to use for the file. Possibly many
times. Have I misunderstood?

Again at a glance, it's hard to see why you would descend into the any
pattern since it accepts anything. All you care about is the namespace
on the start element.

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/

David Tolpin wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > The idea is inspired by James Clark's approach to Clark's schema
 > location approach for nXML,
 > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emacs-nxml-mode/message/259.
 >
 > I was going to implement it for my needs, but realized that a more
 > consistent solution would be more appropriate. The original proposal
 > lists a number of features which can be used to determine a document's
 > type; however, the exact set of chosen features, while can be
practical for some applications, can become a certain obstacle for others.