   Re: [xml-dev] Another mutated variant of the 'PowerPoint makes yo udumb

> I would like to add combinatorics as well. Of all the courses I've ever
> > e.g. an understanding of logic is pretty important, and automata
> > theory is pretty useful, as is group theory and basic stuff like
> > number bases.

Understanding the need of mathematics as a need of tool is utilitary.
A programmer needs mathematics because the brain must be trained through
learning it, including calculus, topology, sets theory, algebra and other
topics.

Too many programmers think that they don't need linear algebra because
they are not going to compute eigenvalues. It is like thinking that one
does not need to be taught classical literature or poetry because
he/she is not going to become a writer.

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/