   Re: [xml-dev] Problem with display of XHTML files...

>  I've
> written a XHTML page for my job.  ... When I open the
> page locally from my machine, the page displays perfectly, as
> intended.  However, when I upload it to our developmental server and
> access the file with Internet Explorer, it displays the page as a XML
> file rather than a XHTML file.  I've started my XHTML declaration as
> follows...

> 	"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
>

> Is this a problem with the server?  How do I fix this?  By the way,
> the developmental server is a secure server (https)

You probably are not sending the right MIME type.  When you load it as a file, IE guesses the type correctly, but your server is probably sending text/xml.  By rights, the MIME type should be application/xhtml+xml, but IE does not recognize it, and you will have to send text/html.

For more info, see

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/03/19/dive-into-xml.html

Cheers,

Tom P