   Re: [xml-dev] Non-Borg servers can authenticate Borg clients (WasRe: [xm

Michael Champion wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2004, at 9:59 PM, Robert Koberg wrote:
>

>> Doesn't the fact that someone (elharo, I never know how to address
>> these people who use 3 names...) came out so strong in favor of
>> something they have never implemented or never seen implemented give
>> anybody pause?
>

> I've never run a country, but that doesn't keep me from offering Bush
> free advice at every opportunity when I seem him doing things that just
> seem obviously wrong and in contradiction to what I believe to be
> sensible and defensible.

ummm... right... some places in the world allow free speech

> I don't think ERH (I don't know how to refer
> to him either!) was doing anything different, nor did he assert that
> what he was saying was anything but his best understanding as opposed to
> his hands-on expertise.

I don't see the exact post in the archives yet where he *declared* his
way was right and others were wrong; I guess we will need to wait till
the archives are regenerated. But, in my reading of his posts, he did
clearly and authoritatively state his (rest) way was the *way*

> So, if you hired ERH to setup your website you would certainly be
> justified in having pause about his strong opinions on subjects he may
> or may not have real expertise.  If you are just subscribing to xml-dev,
> well you gets what ya pays for from all of us.

yep, and I am giving my two cents in addition to the couple of cents I
gave in this thread previously which were denigrated.

> The charm of this list
> is that there are plenty of people who can take pointed analysis of
> their ideas as well as dish it out, all without it turning into a flame
> fest.

sure. what does that have to do with my post? I am just pointing out
some realities

>> It is also interesting that when he implemented it his site broke...
>>

> Hmm, I don't think there is any relationship, and anyway it would be the
> fault of the ISP.

what was the variable?