len

From: Liam Quin [mailto:liam@w3.org]

I view the XML Information Set spec as defining a vocabulary for
other specs to use.  It's not a serialization spec.  The extent
to which it helps in that area is that at least it helps people
agree what they are talking about.  Or, they can argue about
ambiguities in the infoset spec, but a`t least they have a
starting point for discussion.

So I for one see the Infoset as helping, although I don't like
the usage illustrated in "an XML parser produces an infoset",
because it confuses description with the thing described.