   RE: [xml-dev] Postel's "Law": A question for liberal parsers

bob@wyman.us (Bob Wyman) writes:
>My apologies to Walter for using you as an example. You may
>now flame me at will. But, please try to use simple words...

Walter is talking about processes that simply aren't simple.

"Slap a schema on it and you're done" is easy to say, and horribly
complicated to actually make work.

Walter's a lot harder to figure out, but while it's a tougher learning
curve, it makes a lot more sense in practice, as you cut out
coordination costs and accept that you can't control everything.
Responsibility, aesthetics, and language are integral parts, and their
interactions are non-trivial.

Could Walter's message be simplified?  Maybe.  But I'm not sure it would
mean the same thing.

I don't mind reading Derrida or Heidegger either - tough going, rich
reward.  Asking for easy is not always the way to get to easy.