   Re: [xml-dev] Missing "BR" Tags XSLT

Strolia-Davis Christopher Contr MSG/MAT wrote:

> Thanks, I'm still a bit new myself.
>
> How to do that was about to be my next question.
>
> Thanks for bearing w/ me XML list.  I'll take future XSL
> questions to the XSL list.

Now that Ken has cleared up your original question, and just before you
get started with the xslt list, I would like to make a few suggestions.
  If you got rid of the xsl:element/xsl:attribute syntax, and just used
literal result elements, your stylesheet would be much easier to read -
and therefore debug and maintain.

For example, the main template would read

<xsl:template match="/">
    <head>
charset=iso-8859-1'/>
       <title>Test BR problem</title>
    </head>
</xsl:template>

This will produce the exact same result.  Wouldn't you rather write this
than your original?   The only time you need to use xsl:element and
xsl:attribute would be when their names need to be dynamically computed.

Second, when you ask for help, please try to pare down your example to
the simplest thing that can still illustrate the problem.  That is a
good plan for debugging, too.

Xslt is a terrific tool.  Good luck!

Cheers,

Tom P