   XLink and mixed vocabulary design

I think I understand the idea behind the design of XLink. Here's an example
of how it breaks down.

Say, in XHTML2, you have a form label. <label>

Now, you want the content of the label to come from an out-of-document
source.

XLink : <label xlink:href="sometext.html" xlink:type="simple"
xlink:show="embed" xlink:actuate="onLoad">...
XHTML2: <label src="sometext.html">...

Now, to the same element, you want to establish a conventional link, so that
users can "click" on it and navigate to another page.

XHTML2: <label src="sometext.html" href="gohere.html">...
XLink : ???

When combining vocabularies, the chances of something like this happening
increase exponentially. Refactoring (so that the above construct would use
two elements), or using complex links often is either not possible or too
much hassle when you simply want to combine two pre-defined vocabularies.

.micah