   Re: [xml-dev] genx - doctype?

Tim Bray scripsit:

> So this is a chance for people to say "I'd like to use genx for XXX,
> but I can't withou a DOCTYPE because of YYY."  -Tim

To reiterate a principal use case, generating valid XHTML 1.x
requires, I say requires, the ability to generate a simple DOCTYPE
declaration.

BTW, I'll take the opportunity to say that internal subsets shouldn't
ever be supported, at least not in the form of passing in a string;
guaranteeing that this string is well-formed is way too expensive.
Generating an internal subset would require a full DTD-generating
API, which is hardly necessary these days, IMAO.

--
The Imperials are decadent, 300 pound   John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
free-range chickens (except they have   http://www.reutershealth.com