   Re: [xml-dev] genx - genxEndTag

One more thing I just thought about - reading your online
essay where one item to check for was "detecting misnested tags".

Now genxEndTag does not have name/prefix/uri arguments, which
it does not need to, as you just write out the next name
popped from your internal stack.

I use the same approach in my own writer implementation,
however, I found it hard to debug, as you only find out
at the end when there are too few (or too many) genxEndTag calls.
(in my case "too few" doesn't happen, as - for convenience - the
implementation adds missing end tags when the writer is closed).

It also makes it harder to write valid XML, since a misplaced
genxEndTag will not normally lead to malformed XML which
could be detected, but it will change the structure in an
un-intentioned way.

Just so that the programmers intention is more clearly
expressed it might worth thinking about adding the
name/prefix/uri arguments to the genxEndTag call.

Karl