   RE: [xml-dev] XLink and mixed vocabulary design

bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com (DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO)) writes:
>How do you picture that sharing and generalization happening? Picture
>a scenario where various groups want to share information, and each
>has different ways of linking. What happens next? (And don't describe
>how it *shouldn't* be done; that's too easy.)

I see the same things happening for exchange of linking information in
those contexts that I see happening for exchange of information in cases
where people have to exchange information but have different formats.

It's a pretty ordinary process:

1) Decide how much information is really worth sharing.

2) Create a mapping between formats A, B, C, etc., or possibly from
those formats to a new format _if_ a hub seems more useful that
connecting all the pieces individually.

3) Evolve this over time.

I don't see anything strange or unexpected here, but maybe I'm missing
your point.