   Re: [xml-dev] XLink and mixed vocabulary design

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> So all you want is xlink:href as a flag there is a relationship
> and you will defer any and all other semantic flags to the surrounding
> markup?

I could live with a spec that would start with that very minimum and
later grows to encompass more advanced uses as they appear in the wild, yes.

> Doesn't the http:// tell you there is a relationship?
> What am I missing?

Doesn't fly too well with relative references does it? ;) And even if
you get rid of those, you're still really into the
m/^(http|ftp|file|...):/i heuristics there.

--
Robin Berjon