   Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft files for XML patents, says C|Net

Tim Bray wrote:

> http://news.com.com/2100-1013_3-5146581.html

I hadn't imagined that MS was that worried about Open Source yet -- I would
have expected them to wait another couple of years before hitting the
spurious-patent panic button, since it makes them look like a desperate
little company rather than the software giant they are.  Maybe it's a
preemptive move against IBM's plan to migrate to Linux on the desktop.

All the best,

David