   Re: [xml-dev] Fwd: Re: Genx - expat co-operation

At 00:17 26.1.2004, you wrote:
>That is, I agree that this is  a practical approach and have a place to plug
>it in.

Another practical approach might be this:

Defining "XML writer services" API for XML parsers, starting for example
from expat,
API allows to ask parser for qualified names, namespace scopes etc. thus
avoiding
duplicate code in GenX API, which would be an interface utilizing this API.

Parser developers would implement this API as they would want to add writer
capabilities into their parser.

I don't know if this kind of approach would be possible/practical, I'm not
familiar
with inner workings of expat for example.

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo