   Re: [xml-dev] Fwd: Re: Genx - expat co-operation

At 14:38 26.1.2004, you wrote:
>Toni Uusitalo:
> > At 00:17 26.1.2004, you wrote:
> > >That is, I agree that this is  a practical approach and have a place
> to plug
> > >it in.
> >
> > Another practical approach might be this:
> >
> > Defining "XML writer services" API for XML parsers, starting for example
> > from expat,
> > API allows to ask parser for qualified names, namespace scopes etc. thus
>
>But expat does have this API already.

I was thinking of something like defining public API for
int XmlWriterService_CheckName(XMLWriterService XWs, const utf8Byte *s);
and
int XmlWriterService_CheckUri(XMLWriterService XWs, const utf8Byte *s);
that would call checker routines in the parser API thus
GenX wouldn't have to implement all kinds of XML namechar tables but
it could utilize already existing ones.

These kind of functions are not currently part of public expat API.

Namespace scope tracking might not be possible without parsing...
namespace and element stacks wouldn't require that much code in GenX though

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo