   RE: [xml-dev] What is your XML Editor?

>I still author W3C XML schemas in Notepad (crazy, I know), and validate
>them as needed in a tool such as XML Spy.

Crazy on both counts, because free validators such as Xerces do a much
better job than XML Spy.

The several mentions of Notepad inspire me to plug jedit (jedit.org), which
I first saw mentioned on Sean McGrath's weblog. It's a nice, cross-platform
open-source GUI editor with an XML mode and an XSLT mode. I don't know how
much these modes do besides color-coding, because to do real work I use
Emacs (+ nxml for XML-related work), but it sure beats Notepad.

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii