   Re: [xml-dev] Schema fragments for everyday stuff

Tim Bray wrote:

> Is there a well-shaken-out library of schema fragments for names,
> addresses, phone numbers, that kind of stuff, that hits an 80/20 point
> and is getting some use out there?  I'll look at any schema language.
> --Tim

http://www.openhealth.org/ASTM/clinical.header.rnx

is a RELAXNG Compact version of the ASTM E2182 standard for names etc.
suitable for use in healthcare documentation.

By 80/20 does that mean that you aim to be able to represent 80% of
people's names? :-) It turns out that names etc. can get (slightly)
complex if you aim to be able to represent *all* of them (as we did). If
this syntax doesn't seem the simplest, its because *our* requirements,
require the ability to represent *all* including international, names.

Jonathan