   OT: SSNs - Was RE: [xml-dev] Schema fragments for everyday stuff

Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org> writes:

> 1) SSNs are *reused*, ostensibly when people die, but nonetheless.
> 2) Illegal immigrants often "borrow" a SSN from a relative. Not great
> when they don't also share the same medical conditions, allergies,
> medications etc.

One of the hospital administrators I worked with told the tale of a
family that "passed" the same SSN down through 3 generations of the same
family name.  A case of "if it was good enough for your pappa it's good
enough for you" I guess...