   XOM 1.0d23 Last Call

I am pleased to announce the release of XOM 1.0d23 my dual
streaming/tree-based API for processing XML with Java. XOM is quite
parsimonious with memory, far more so than most competing tree-based
APIs, and it is the most "XML correct" of any of the major tree-based
APIs for processing XML. XOM is fanatical about maintaining
well-formedness at all times. I also suspect XOM is more code correct
than most libraries for processing XML. It has an extensive unit test
suite that achieves approximately 90% code coverage. The XOM tests
have actually exposed numerous bugs in other libraries including
Xerces, Crimson, Oracle, Piccolo, libxml2, JDOM, Saxon, and more.
(This weekend's 2.6.1 release of Xerces did fix the last two bugs
XOM's unit tests were tripping over, so that is the preferred parser
for XOM.) You can download it from the usual location:

http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/

This is the *LAST CALL* development release of XOM 1.0.  The next
release will be 1.0 alpha 1, at which point I will declare API freeze
and rule out gratuitous, backwards incompatible changes until at
least 2.0 (at some point in the indefinite future). If there are any
method names or signatures that bother you in XOM, now is the time to
let me know.  I do plan some future releases, 1.0.1, 1.1, 1.2, etc.
to add features and improve performance. However, I don't want to
change the existing API after alpha 1 without a very good reason.

--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu