   RE: [xml-dev] best practice for providing newsfeeds ?

  • To: "Michael Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,"XML DEV" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] best practice for providing newsfeeds ?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:54:30 -0800

I am amused to think that you believe that ATOM will solve this problem.
ATOM's confusion of features (allowing sending arbitrary MIME types,
entries have three different dates as metadata, allowing escaped markup,
overuse of the <link> tag, etc) will open lead to just as many open
questions as RSS has had in the past.

The only difference is that I suspect the ATOM folks will be more likely
to update the spec as issues are found [hopefully they'll have some sort
of errata process] as opposed to pretending the spec is perfect and
freezing it as has happened with the RSS specs that came before it.

PS: Once serious business people get into the act? LOL. So Rolling
Stone, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun, the New York Times, Yahoo, etc don't
count as serious business people? I see the ATOM FUDsters have gotten to
you too.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
The heaviest burden a man can carry is a chip on his shoulder.

rights.