   Re: [xml-dev] Fun with regular expressions

> Do you have to use a regular expression? I note that the Schema datatypes
> spec says "Not-a-number equals itself and is greater than all float
values,
> including positive infinity."
>
> Perhaps a maxInclusive of "INF"?  (Disclaimer: haven't tried it)

Unfortunately this should work but is unreliable. XSV raises the error

  <schemaError char="9" line="12" phase="instance"
               resource="file:///C://itest.xsd">facet maxExclusive value not
a valid double literal: NaN</schemaError>

In Topologi (based on MSXML4) you can get it working but it is backwards--
MSXML4 orders NaN as the *lowest* / *least* value... not the greatest. So:

  <!-- Root element declaration -->
  <element name="foo">
    <simpleType>
      <restriction base="double">
        <minExclusive value="NaN" />
      </restriction>
    </simpleType>
  </element>

Works-- but

  <!-- Root element declaration -->
  <element name="foo">
    <simpleType>
      <restriction base="double">
        <maxExclusive value="NaN" />
      </restriction>
    </simpleType>
  </element>

does not. Haven't tried xerces or MSV yet...

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter