   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Can A Web Site Be Reliably Defended Against DoS Attack

> Marshall Rose is a, maybe the, world's foremost authority on this
> subject, though not the guy to to ask for an unbiased opinion.

Unlike most of us, however, he's entitled to his bias, since they
he formed them from his experiences doing implementation.

> I participated in the Corporation for Open Systems (COS) in the '80's, a

Do you remember Andy Partan?  How about GOSIP?

> Still, the way I remember it there was COS, all the king's horses and
> all the king's men on one side and Marshall Rose, in absentia, on the
> other. Sic transit gloria COS.

Yup, running code beats out almost everything else.

        /r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html