   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Can A Web Site Be Reliably Defended Against DoS Attac

Until you put the wrong application on it and it fails
spectacularly in living color on international TV.

This isn't a trivial, 'we'll fix it when we get around
to it' lalala problem.  DDoS means simply that the
push of IP into some domains is driving ahead of the
headlights.  The approach of "we'll create transport
agnostic formats" is fine but does not go far enough
because the pressures to drink the IP/REST/HTTP are
real and dangerous.

It is time to start listening to the designers at
Microsoft.  If the web can't pull it off, we'll
have to go to companies that can.   It is time
for a consortium to form whose mandate is to
create a global network that is safe and reliable
for mission critical applications.  This should
be an effort undertaken by the companies who
understand the problem and have a culture that
can practice end-to-end engineering, not 80/20.

len

From: Rich Salz [mailto:rsalz@datapower.com]

> Still, the way I remember it there was COS, all the king's horses and
> all the king's men on one side and Marshall Rose, in absentia, on the
> other. Sic transit gloria COS.

Yup, running code beats out almost everything else.