   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Can A Web Site Be Reliably Defended Against DoSAttacks

education and condoms worked well in australia where there was social
and legal support for the initiatives (gaoling/fining people who are hiv
positive and still have unprotected sex).

south africa with next to none of either is hoping for cheap drugs as
the solution. easy politics, but probably won't make a lot of
difference. just keep sick people alive longer, possibly to infect more
healthy people.

new york got rid of grafiti on the trains (almost) without banning spray
cans.

it can be done. but let's not fool ourselves that technology can fix
human behavior. it can't, it won't, and possibly it shouldn't (i know
you'll disagree, but i think a level of anarchy is good for us).

rick