   Re: [xml-dev] more silly questions

Michael Kay wrote:

>>Why which part of the current [email] rfc's is broke?
>

> Which part isn't broken?
>
> If it isn't broken, how come I'm getting 400 spam messages a day?

I believe the solution lies in the hands of the spam receivers. What if
everyone started clicking on the links provided by spammers, but never
purchased anything? What if they clicked a hundred times? The spammers
get paid and paid, but the people supporting the spammers lose money --
will the spam supporters continue to pay out if they don't see a return?

Perhaps email clients can have a feature built in that automatically
returns a response (or several responses) to those determined to be spam
(my Mozilla Thundebird client is pretty good at detecting spam).

The solution does not lie with government providing a solution (do we
need straight banannas and trapeze artists wearing helmets?). It lies
with consumers not consuming.

best,
-Rob