   RE: [xml-dev] more silly questions

> How would an XML schema for email address this issue?

It wouldn't of course. But a redesign of the email protocols could. The
fundamental flaw in the system is the assumption that anyone in the
world, without proving their identity, has a right to send me garbage
and to use the bandwidth that I am paying for. The protocols are wrong
because they are designed to implement this wrong assumption.

The designers of the modern postal service got it right: the sender, not
the recipient, should pay. I still get junk mail through the letterbox,
but not 400 a day.

Michael Kay