   RE: [xml-dev] US Patent 6,687,897

and unibase (my database) has had a similar facility, also since the
early 80's. though obviously earlier than xml,, the fact is that it can
store multiple scripts in a single file, each to be run by it's own
specified interpreter, etc

but then the #! of the unix exec call is probably the real precursor of
all these ideas, and the file system simply a place to store the
scripts.

if microsoft keeps this up i'll have to pay them a licence fee each year
just to practice as a computer scientist/software engineer/programmer.
maybe i'll go back to music......

rick