   RE: RE: [xml-dev] XML inside another XML

Michael Kay wrote:
> You need to replace "]]>" by something like "]]>]]&gt;<![CDATA["
> (And as people sometimes point out, if you're going to do that
> then it's just as easy not to use CDATA at all, but to substitute
> &, <, and > instead).
	But, the result of escaping the entire enclosed chunk of XML
can result in a very large increase in the size of the data. Using
CDATA and escaping just the exceptionally rare cases of embedded CDATA
will generally result in smaller objects. If it is "just as easy" to
produce something that is smaller, I would expect that the smaller
option would be preferred.

		bob wyman